Since I decided to only have this website and shutdown ohiobookmart.com, I decided to make ads for Immanuel Lutheran Church (LCMS), where I'm an active member, as blog posts. Once you've read this blog post, please feel free to read the other blog posts and to visit the other pages.
About: Immanuel Lutheran Church (LCMS) is a conservative and Confessional Lutheran congregation in The Lutheran Church Missouri Synod (LCMS). We celebrate Holy Communion every Sunday and for most major holy days. We believe, teach, and confess, that Jesus died to save every single person from death, Hell, the grave, Satan, Satan's demons, Original Sin from Adam and Eve, and their own personal sins. We believe, teach, and confess, that there are only two Sacraments and those two Sacraments are Holy Baptism and Holy Communion. We believe, teach, and confess the Holy Trinity to be the One True God. Yahweh, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are the Holy Trinity. We believe, teach, and confess, that Jesus won our Salvation on the True Cross. We believe, teach, and confess, that Holy Baptism aka Water Baptism saves the baptized, that Yahweh adopts the baptized as His children in Holy Baptism, that the baptized are connected to Jesus' Death, Burial, and Resurrection in Holy Baptism, and the Holy Spirit lives inside of the baptized from the point of Holy Baptism onward, while He is ever present and present everywhere. We believe, teach, and confess, that Holy Communion is not merely a symbol of Jesus' Death on the True Cross, but rather Holy Communion is the literal Body and Blood of Jesus, while it remains bread and wine.
Address: 2120 Lakewood Avenue Lima, Ohio 45805
- Church Office Phone Number: (419) 222-2541
- Office e-mail: email@example.com
- Church Website: http://www2.wcoil.com/~immanuel/
Bible Verse of the Month:
"Jesus answered and said unto him, "If a man love Me, he will keep My Words: and my Father will love him, and We will come unto him, and make our abode with him."-- John 14:23 King James Version (KJV 1611)
September Holy Days and Festivals without Masses at Immanuel Lutheran Church (LCMS) in Lima, Ohio:
- Joshua Day (Israelite Historical Figure) (September 1, 2021)
- Hannah Day (Israelite Historical Figure) (September 2, 2021)
- St. Gregory the Great Day (Bishop of Rome and Compiler of Gregorian Chants) (September 3, 2021)
- Moses (Israelite Leader who led the Hebrew slaves out of Egypt) (September 4, 2021)
- Zacharias and Elizabeth Day (Jewish Rabbi, his wife, female cousin of the Virgin Mary, and parents of St. John the Baptist) (September 5, 2021)
- Holy Cross Day (September 15, 2021)
- St. Matthew Day (Apostle of Jesus Christ and Evangelist) (September 21, 2021)
- Jonah Day (Israelite Historical Figure) (September 22, 2021)
- St. Michael the Archangel and All Holy Angels Day aka Michaelmas (General of Yahweh's Heavenly Army and All Holy Angels) (September 29, 2021)
- St. Jerome Day (Translator of the Holy Scriptures) (September 30, 2021)
August 2020 Events:
- Sunday Masses 10 AM in July 2021
- Fifteenth Sunday of Pentecost: September 5, 2021--Mass
- Sixteenth Sunday of Pentecost: September 12, 2021--Mass
- Seventeenth Sunday of Pentecost: September 19, 2021--Mass
- Eighteenth Sunday of Pentecost: September 26, 2021--Mass
- Sunday Morning Masses at Immanuel Lutheran Church (LCMS) in Lima, Ohio resumed Sunday June 7, 2020 and on our plan is to continue having in-person Sunday Masses for the rest of 2020. Our pastor, Reverend Michael Phillips, will continue to download services to our YouTube channel, "Immanuel Lutheran Church - Lima, OH," for those, who are ill or who fear getting ill from the Corona Virus or anything else for that matter, to watch at home.
- Sunday Morning Bible Studies 9 AM Every Sunday in September 2021
- Topic: The Large Catechism by Martin Luther
- Wednesday Night Bible Studies 6:30 PM
- Topic: 1 Corinthians
Our YouTube Channel has our Sunday Masses available to watch from the comfort of your own home and there is no need to wear a face mask, if you attend Mass online.
Link to our YouTube Channel:
Thank you and Happy Pentecost!
James W. O'Flannery, President and Founder of Ohio Irish Lutheran Press (OIL Press)