Happy Reformation Day!
Since I decided to only have this website and shutdown ohiobookmart.com, I decided to make ads for Immanuel Lutheran Church (LCMS), where I'm an active member, as blog posts. Once you've read this blog post, please feel free to read the other blog posts and to visit the other pages.
About: Immanuel Lutheran Church (LCMS) is a conservative and Confessional Lutheran congregation in The Lutheran Church Missouri Synod (LCMS). We celebrate Holy Communion every Sunday and for most major holy days. We believe, teach, and confess, that Jesus died to save every single person from death, Hell, the grave, Satan, Satan's demons, Original Sin from Adam and Eve, and their own personal sins. We believe, teach, and confess, that there are only two Sacraments and those two Sacraments are Holy Baptism and Holy Communion. We believe, teach, and confess the Holy Trinity to be the One True God. Yahweh, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are the Holy Trinity. We believe, teach, and confess, that Jesus won our Salvation on the True Cross. We believe, teach, and confess, that Holy Baptism aka Water Baptism saves the baptized, that Yahweh adopts the baptized as His children in Holy Baptism, that the baptized are connected to Jesus' Death, Burial, and Resurrection in Holy Baptism, and the Holy Spirit lives inside of the baptized from the point of Holy Baptism onward, while He is ever present and present everywhere. We believe, teach, and confess, that Holy Communion is not merely a symbol of Jesus' Death on the True Cross, but rather Holy Communion is the literal Body and Blood of Jesus, while it remains bread and wine.
Address: 2120 Lakewood Avenue Lima, Ohio 45805
- Church Office Phone Number: (419) 222-2541
- Office e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Church Website: http://www2.wcoil.com/~immanuel/
Bible Verse of the Month:
"For therein is the Righteousness of God revealed from Faith to Faith: as it is written, 'The just shall live by Faith."-- Romans 1:17 King James Version (KJV 1611)
October Holy Days and Festivals without Masses at Immanuel Lutheran Church (LCMS) in Lima, Ohio:
- William Tyndale Day (English Priest during the Reformation, a student of Martin Luther's, a Christian Author, and a Bible Translator) (October 6, 2021)
- Henry Melchior Muhlenberg Day (Early American Lutheran Pastor and Translator) (October 7, 2021)
- Abraham Day (Israelite Historical Figure) (October 9, 2021)
- St. Luke Day (Gospel Writer, Historian, and Medical Doctor) (October 18, 2021)
- St. James Day (Brother of Jesus, First Bishop of Jerusalem, and Martyr of the Faith) (October 23 2021)
- Phillip Nicolai, Johann Heermann, and Paul Gerhard Day (Hymn Writers) (October 26, 2021)
- Holy Cross Day (October 26, 2021)
- St. Simon and St. Jude Day (Apostles) (October 28, 2021)
- Reformation Day (October 31, 2021)
October 2021 Events:
- Sunday Masses 10 AM in October 2021:
- Nineteenth Sunday of Pentecost: October 3, 2021--Mass
- Twentieth Sunday of Pentecost: October 10, 2021--Mass
- Twenty First Sunday of Pentecost: October 17, 2021--Mass
- Twenty Second Sunday of Pentecost: October 22, 2021
- Reformation Sunday and Reformation Day: October 31, 2021--Mass
- Sunday Morning Masses at Immanuel Lutheran Church (LCMS) in Lima, Ohio resumed Sunday June 7, 2020 and on our plan is to continue having in-person Sunday Masses for the rest of 2020. Our pastor, Reverend Michael Phillips, will continue to download services to our YouTube channel, "Immanuel Lutheran Church - Lima, OH," for those, who are ill or who fear getting ill from the Corona Virus or anything else for that matter, to watch at home.
- Sunday Morning Bible Studies 9 AM Every Sunday in September 2021
- Topic: The Large Catechism by Martin Luther
- Wednesday Night Bible Studies 6:30 PM
- Topic: 2 Corinthians
Our YouTube Channel has our Sunday Masses available to watch from the comfort of your own home, if you wish to attend Mass online.
Link to our YouTube Channel:
Thank you and Happy Pentecost!
James W. O'Flannery, President and Founder of Ohio Irish Lutheran Press (OIL Press)