Happy All Saints Day, Pentecost, and Advent!
Since I decided to only have this website and shutdown ohiobookmart.com, I decided to make ads for Immanuel Lutheran Church (LCMS), where I'm an active member, as blog posts. Once you've read this blog post, please feel free to read the other blog posts and to visit the other pages.
About: Immanuel Lutheran Church (LCMS) is a conservative and Confessional Lutheran congregation in The Lutheran Church Missouri Synod (LCMS). We celebrate Holy Communion every Sunday and for most major holy days. We believe, teach, and confess, that Jesus died to save every single person from death, Hell, the grave, Satan, Satan's demons, Original Sin from Adam and Eve, and their own personal sins. We believe, teach, and confess, that there are only two Sacraments and those two Sacraments are Holy Baptism and Holy Communion. We believe, teach, and confess the Holy Trinity to be the One True God. Yahweh, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are the Holy Trinity. We believe, teach, and confess, that Jesus won our Salvation on the True Cross. We believe, teach, and confess, that Holy Baptism aka Water Baptism saves the baptized, that Yahweh adopts the baptized as His children in Holy Baptism, that the baptized are connected to Jesus' Death, Burial, and Resurrection in Holy Baptism, and the Holy Spirit lives inside of the baptized from the point of Holy Baptism onward, while He is ever present and present everywhere. We believe, teach, and confess, that Holy Communion is not merely a symbol of Jesus' Death on the True Cross, but rather Holy Communion is the literal Body and Blood of Jesus, while it remains bread and wine.
Address: 2120 Lakewood Avenue Lima, Ohio 45805
- Church Office Phone Number: (419) 222-2541
- Office e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Church Website: http://www2.wcoil.com/~immanuel/
Bible Verse of the Month:
"The Grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen."-- Revelation 22:21 King James Version (KJV 1611)
November Holy Days and Festivals without Masses at Immanuel Lutheran Church (LCMS) in Lima, Ohio:
- All Souls Day (A Celebration of Christians) (November 1, 2020)
- Father Johannes von Staupitz Day (Martin Luther's Father Confessor and Abbot) (November 8, 2020)
- Martin Chemnitz's Birthday (Lutheran Pastor and Confessor of the Faith) (November 9, 2020)
- Martin Luther's Birthday (Lutheran Pastor and Confessor of the Faith) (November 10, 2020)
- Emperor Justinian Day (Christian Ruler of the Byzantine Empire and Confessor of Jesus Christ) (November 14 2020)
- Noah Day (Builder of the Ark) (November 29, 2020)
November 2020 Events:
- Sunday Masses 10 AM in November 2020:
- All Saints Day and All Saints Sunday: November 1, 2020--Mass
- Twenty Third Sunday of Pentecost: November 8, 2020--Mass
- Twenty Fourth Sunday of Pentecost: November 15, 2020--Mass
- Last Sunday of the Church Year aka Christ the King Day: November 22, 2020--Mass
- First Sunday of Advent: November 29, 2020--Mass
- Sunday Morning Masses at Immanuel Lutheran Church (LCMS) in Lima, Ohio resumed Sunday June 7, 2020 and on our plan is to continue having in-person Sunday Masses for the rest of 2020. Our pastor, Reverend Michael Phillips, will continue to download services to our YouTube channel, "Immanuel Lutheran Church - Lima, OH," for those, who are ill or who fear getting ill from the Corona Virus or anything else for that matter, to watch at home.
- Sunday Morning Bible Studies 9 AM Every Sunday in June 2020
- Every Sunday in November 2020
- Topics: Scripture Readings of Day and/or Hymn of the Day
- Please wear face masks and/other coverings before and after Sunday Morning Bible Study.
- Wednesday Night Bible Studies 6:30 PM (These should hopefully resume sometime during Advent, Christmastime, or Epiphany.)
Immanuel Lutheran Church's Response to the Corona Virus and Reopening Protocols:
- What Immanuel Lutheran Church is doing to hold in-person Masses safely:
- Hand shaking is gone again at Immanuel Lutheran Church (LCMS) in Lima, Ohio.
- Face masks and/or other facial coverings are now required for in-person Masses at Immanuel Lutheran Church (LCMS) in Lima, Ohio. If you do not own a face mask, then you can either call/text me at (567) 712-8026 or get one for free, when you attend in-person Mass.
- Our church building is being sanitized to keep worshippers safe during the Mass.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at the church for your use inside of our church building and you are encouraged to bring your own hand sanitizer or hand washing wipes.
- Restrooms will be opened for you to use, while you are worshipping at Immanuel before, during, and after the Mass.
- Some pews will not available to sit in during the Mass to promote social distancing.
- Hymnals have been deemed safe for weekly use without sanitation and they will be returning home to the hymnal racks in the pews. Worship folders and bulletins will be handed out.
- Voluntary offerings are to be placed in the plates, which shall not be passed around as usual for a while due to the Corona Virus and which shall be laying on the shelf in the back of the sanctuary.
- I am happy to report, that you are again permitted to kneel at the kneelers in front of the Altar during Holy Communion. :)
- If you are sick, then please stay home and watch the service video(s), which Reverend Phillips is posting on YouTube.
- If you attend in-person Mass at Immanuel and you find out, that you have the Corona Virus or that you were around someone, who has it, then you must call the church office immediately and let us know. Everyone must be informed according to current church and state health protocols.
Our YouTube Channel has our Sunday Masses available to watch from the comfort of your own home and there is no need to wear a face mask, if you attend Mass online.
Link to our YouTube Channel:
Thank you and Happy All Saints Day, Pentecost and Advent!
James W. O'Flannery, President and Founder of Ohio Irish Lutheran Press (OIL Press)