Election Reflections: Christmas is fast approaching and soon Christmas Carols, both Christmas Hymns like From Heaven Above and The First Noel and Secular Christmas Carols like Tomorrow Comes the Christmas Man and Jingle Bells, will be heard churches, stores, schools, pubs, car radios, and many other places. However, before Christmas arrives and we go to Christmas Eve Masses and Christmas Day Masses, we will need to head to polls and vote for many candidates and issues. A few weeks ago, I endorsed my good friend, reader, and high school track and cross country coach, Russ Holly. Now I endorse another friend, Lima Sixth Ward Councilman Derry Glenn. Both Russ Holly and Derry Glenn came out to The Ohio State University at Lima and Rhodes State College and they spoke to the College Republican club, when I was the Chairman. Both Russ and Derry are great American Patriots.
Derry Glenn is probably one of the nicest people in Lima, Ohio and, if you live in Lima's Sixth Ward, then please vote for Derry Glenn on Tuesday November 5, 2019 and put one of his yard signs in your front yard. Derry is a devout Christian and we need more Christians in government to protect our religious liberties from the Radical Left, who desperately want to destroy Christianity and cause economic, political, and emotional harm to Christians living in America. Derry is always out helping people in the Lima, Ohio community. I have never seen anyone helping people in Lima, Ohio, as much as I see Derry Glenn helping people in Lima, Ohio. Derry really enjoys sharing the Love of Jesus with our community. May Yahweh, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit bless Derry Glenn with victory in 2019 November Election.
The author of Hebrews wrote in Hebrews 6: 10, "For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward His Name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister" (KJV 1611). Yahweh smiles upon the good works done in His Holy Name by His children. St. Paul wrote in Galatians 5:13, "For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another" (KJV 1611). St. Paul reminds us, that we, as Christians, have liberty and we should use this liberty to love our fellow Christians and serve them. Jesus said in Mark 10:45, "For even the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give His Life a ransom for many" (KJV 1611). Jesus told His disciples and He continues to tell us, that He came to serve every single person by dying on the True Cross to save every single person from death, Hell, Satan, Satan's demons, Original Sin from Adam and Eve, and and their own personal sins. Therefore we should serve others in Jesus' Name.
November 2019 Book Signings: My 2019 Christmas Book Signings will take place in November 2019 and December 2019.
1. I’ll be having a book signing at the Ottoville Rosary Altar Society Craft Show on Saturday November 2, 2019 from 9 AM to 2 PM at the Ottoville Parish Center in Ottoville, Ohio.
2. I’ll be having a book signing at the Holiday Art Bizarre in the St. Marys Union Hall in St. Marys, Ohio on Thursday November 7, 2019 from 5 PM to 6 PM.
3. I'll be having a book signing at The Menagerie at 1178 Indiana Avenue in the St. Marys Business Complex in the St. Marys, Ohio on Saturday November 9, 2019 from 11 AM to 5 PM.
4. I'll be having a book signing at the Eastgate Hallmark Store in Lima, Ohio on Saturday November 16, 2019 from 11 AM to 1 PM.
5. I’ll be having a book signing at Jen’s Furniture and Collectibles (JFC) on High Street in between Circle K Gas Station and Zion Lutheran Church (NALC) on Santa Claus Saturday 2019 (November 23, 2019) from 11 AM to 3 PM.
6. I’ll be having a book signing at Jen’s Furniture and Collectibles (JFC) on High Street in between Circle K Gas Station and Zion Lutheran Church (NALC) on Black Friday 2019 (November 29, 2019) from noon to 6 PM.
7. I'll be having a book signing at the 2019 Holiday Showcase Craft and Vendor Show at The Centre at 601 N. Main Street in Bluffton, Ohio on Small Business Saturday 2019 (November 30, 2019).
General Rule About Book Signings: I’ll be signing copies of my Christian romance novels The Rising of The Moon Book 1: Changing Tides Part 1 and The Rising of The Moon Book 1: Changing Tides Part 2 and my Greek and Roman Mythology book A Survey of Classical Mythology at all of my book signings. More books are coming soon! :)
Stores Carrying My Books: My new books, which I’ve written and published, are also available at the following stores: Brunner News Agency on Flanders Avenue in Lima, Ohio, Jen’s Furniture and Collectibles (JFC) on High Street in St. Marys, Ohio, The Menagerie at 1178 Indiana Avenue in the St. Marys Business Complex in St. Marys, Ohio, Readmore Hallmark Stores out at Eastgate Plaza and on Elm Street in Lima, Ohio, Wagner’s IGA Grocery Store in Minster, Ohio, in the Book Mart section of ohiobookmart.com, and in the Shop section of my website ohioirishlutheranpress.com .
OIL Press News: My next book The Rising of The Moon Book 2: Faith, Hope, and Love is scheduled to come out on Friday November 1, 2019. I'll be getting it on my two websites and into the stores, where I sell books. The cost will be $15. I'll be doing a blog post about The Rising of The Moon Book 2: Faith, Hope, and Love soon. Sadly this book is a few months late, but "better late than never." I should have it at all of my remaining book signings.
Thank you and Happy Christmas!
James W. O’Flannery, President and Founder of Ohio Irish Lutheran Press (OIL Press)
Photo Credit: The Lima News