Happy Christmas and Advent Greetings!
Since I decided to only have this website and shutdown ohiobookmart.com, I decided to make ads for Immanuel Lutheran Church (LCMS), where I'm an active member, as blog posts. Once you've read this blog post, please feel free to read the other blog posts and to visit the other pages.
About: Immanuel Lutheran Church (LCMS) is a conservative and Confessional Lutheran congregation in The Lutheran Church Missouri Synod (LCMS). We celebrate Holy Communion every Sunday and for most major holy days. We believe, teach, and confess, that Jesus died to save every single person from death, Hell, the grave, Satan, Satan's demons, Original Sin from Adam and Eve, and their own personal sins. We believe, teach, and confess, that there are only two Sacraments and those two Sacraments are Holy Baptism and Holy Communion. We believe, teach, and confess the Holy Trinity to be the One True God. Yahweh, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are the Holy Trinity. We believe, teach, and confess, that Jesus won our Salvation on the True Cross. We believe, teach, and confess, that Holy Baptism aka Water Baptism saves the baptized, that Yahweh adopts the baptized as His children in Holy Baptism, that the baptized are connected to Jesus' Death, Burial, and Resurrection in Holy Baptism, and the Holy Spirit lives inside of the baptized from the point of Holy Baptism onward, while He is ever present and present everywhere. We believe, teach, and confess, that Holy Communion is not merely a symbol of Jesus' Death on the True Cross, but rather Holy Communion is the literal Body and Blood of Jesus, while it remains bread and wine.
Address: 2120 Lakewood Avenue Lima, Ohio 45805
- Church Office Phone Number: (419) 222-2541
- Office e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Church Website: http://www2.wcoil.com/~immanuel/
Bible Verse of the Month:
"For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given: and the government shall be upon His Shoulder: and His Name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The Mighty God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace."-- Isaiah 9:6 King James Version (KJV 1611)
December Holy Days and Festivals without Masses at Immanuel Lutheran Church (LCMS) in Lima, Ohio:
- St. John of Damascus Day (Theologian and Hymn Writer) (December 4, 2022)
- St. Nicholas Day (Patron Saint of Germany and Turkey) (December 6, 2022)
- St. Ambrose of Milan Day (Roman Bishop and Hymn Writer in Spain) (December 7, 2022)
- Daniel the Prophet and the Three Young Men Day (December 17, 2022)
- Adam and Eve Day (December 19, 2022)
- Katharina von Bora-Luther Day (Wife of Martin Luther and Mother of his Children) (December 20, 2022)
- St. Thomas Day (An Apostle of Jesus Christ) (December 21, 2022)
- St. Stephen Day (First Christian Martyr) (December 26, 2022)
- St. John the Evangelist Day (An Apostle of Jesus Christ, Gospel Writer, Epistle Writer, and Revelator) (December 27, 2022)
- David Day (Ancient Jewish King) (December 29, 2022)
- Eve of the Name and Circumcision of Jesus (December 31, 2022)
December 2022 Events:
- Sunday Masses 10 AM in December 2021:
- Second Sunday of Advent: December 4, 2022--Mass
- Third Sunday of Advent: December 11, 2022--Mass
- Fourth Sunday of Advent: December 18, 2022--Mass
- Christmas Eve Service of Lessons and Carols: December 24, 2022 7 PM
- Christmas Day Mass: December 25, 2022--Mass 10 AM
- Sunday Morning Bible Studies 9 AM
- Topic: The Holy Gospel According to St. Luke
- December 4, 2022
- December 11, 2022
- December 18, 2022
- Wednesday Night Bible Studies 6:30 PM
- Topic: Revelation
- December 14, 2022
- December 21, 2022
Our YouTube Channel has our Sunday Masses available to watch from the comfort of your own home.
Link to our YouTube Channel:
Thank you, Happy Christmas, and Advent Greetings!
James W. O'Flannery, President and Founder of Ohio Irish Lutheran Press (OIL Press)