Since I decided to only have this website and shutdown ohiobookmart.com, I decided to make ads for Immanuel Lutheran Church (LCMS), where I'm an active member, as blog posts. Once you've read this blog post, please feel free to read the other blog posts and to visit the other pages.
About: Immanuel Lutheran Church (LCMS) is a conservative and Confessional Lutheran congregation in The Lutheran Church Missouri Synod (LCMS). We celebrate Holy Communion every Sunday and for most major holy days. We believe, teach, and confess, that Jesus died to save every single person from death, Hell, the grave, Satan, Satan's demons, Original Sin from Adam and Eve, and their own personal sins. We believe, teach, and confess, that there are only two Sacraments and those two Sacraments are Holy Baptism and Holy Communion, but entertain the notion of Confession and Absolution also being a Sacrament. We believe, teach, and confess the Holy Trinity to be the One True God. Yahweh, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are the Holy Trinity. We believe, teach, and confess, that Jesus won our Salvation on the True Cross. We believe, teach, and confess, that Holy Baptism aka Water Baptism saves the baptized, that Yahweh adopts the baptized as His children in Holy Baptism, that the baptized are connected to Jesus' Death, Burial, and Resurrection in Holy Baptism, and the Holy Spirit lives inside of the baptized from the point of Holy Baptism onward, while He is ever present and present everywhere. We believe, teach, and confess, that Holy Communion is not merely a symbol of Jesus' Death on the True Cross, but rather Holy Communion is the literal Body and Blood of Jesus, while it remains bread and wine.
Address: 2120 Lakewood Avenue Lima, Ohio 45805
- Church Office Phone Number: (419) 222-2541
- Office e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Church Website: http://www2.wcoil.com/~immanuel/
- Our pastor and Bishop Emeritus, Reverend Michael Phillips, can be reached by calling the church office.
Bible Verse of the Month:
"The like figure whereunto even Baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the Resurrection of Jesus Christ."-- 1 Peter 3:21 King James Version (KJV 1611)
August Holy Days and Festivals without Masses at Immanuel Lutheran Church (LCMS) in Lima, Ohio:
- Virgin Mary Day (August 15, 2022)
- Isaac the Israelite Patriarch Day (August 16, 2022)
- Johann Gerhard Day (Lutheran Theologian) (August 17, 2022)
- Samuel Day (August 20, 2022)
- St. Bartholomew Day (August 24, 2022)
- St. Monica Day (Mother of St. Augustine of Hippo) (August 27, 2022)
- St. Augustine of Hippo Day (Church Father, Bishop, and Theologian) (August 28, 2022)
- Martyrdom of St. John the Baptist (August 29, 2022)
August 2022 Events:
- Sunday Masses 10 AM in August 2022
- Ninth Sunday of Pentecost: August 7, 2022--Mass
- Tenth Sunday of Pentecost: August 14, 2022--Mass
- Eleventh Sunday of Pentecost: August 21, 2022--Mass
- Twelfth Sunday of Pentecost: August 28, 2022--Mass
- Sunday Morning Bible Studies 9 AM Every Sunday in August 2022
- Wednesday Night Bible Studies 6:30 PM to 7:45/8 PM (These shall resume on Wednesday September 7, 2022 the topic is TBA.)
Our YouTube Channel has our Sunday Masses available to watch from the comfort of your own home, if you are not able to join us in-person.
Link to our YouTube Channel:
Thank you and Happy Pentecost!
James W. O'Flannery, President and Founder of Ohio Irish Lutheran Press (OIL Press)