Since I decided to only have this website and shutdown ohiobookmart.com, I decided to make ads for Immanuel Lutheran Church (LCMS), where I'm an active member, as blog posts. Once you've read this blog post, please feel free to read the other blog posts and to visit the other pages.
About: Immanuel Lutheran Church (LCMS) is a conservative and Confessional Lutheran congregation in The Lutheran Church Missouri Synod (LCMS). We celebrate Holy Communion every Sunday and for most major holy days. We believe, teach, and confess, that Jesus died to save every single person from death, Hell, the grave, Satan, Satan's demons, Original Sin from Adam and Eve, and their own personal sins. We believe, teach, and confess, that there are only two Sacraments and those two Sacraments are Holy Baptism and Holy Communion. We believe, teach, and confess the Holy Trinity to be the One True God. Yahweh, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are the Holy Trinity. We believe, teach, and confess, that Jesus won our Salvation on the True Cross. We believe, teach, and confess, that Holy Baptism aka Water Baptism saves the baptized, that Yahweh adopts the baptized as His children in Holy Baptism, that the baptized are connected to Jesus' Death, Burial, and Resurrection in Holy Baptism, and the Holy Spirit lives inside of the baptized from the point of Holy Baptism onward, while He is ever present and present everywhere. We believe, teach, and confess, that Holy Communion is not merely a symbol of Jesus' Death on the True Cross, but rather Holy Communion is the literal Body and Blood of Jesus, while it remains bread and wine.
Address: 2120 Lakewood Avenue Lima, Ohio 45805
- Church Office Phone Number: (419) 222-2541
- Office e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Church Website: http://www2.wcoil.com/~immanuel/
Bible Verse of the Month:
"The like figure whereunto even Baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the Resurrection of Jesus Christ."-- 1 Peter 3:21 King James Version (KJV 1611)
August Holy Days and Festivals without Masses at Immanuel Lutheran Church (LCMS) in Lima, Ohio:
- Virgin Mary Day (August 15, 2020)
- Isaac the Israelite Patriarch Day (August 16, 2020)
- Johann Gerhard Day (Lutheran Theologian) (August 17, 2020)
- Samuel Day (August 20, 2020)
- St. Bartholomew Day (August 24, 2020)
- St. Monica Day (Mother of St. Augustine of Hippo) (August 27, 2020)
- St. Augustine of Hippo Day (Church Father, Bishop, and Theologian) (August 28, 2020)
- Martyrdom of St. John the Baptist (August 29, 2020)
August 2020 Events:
- Sunday Masses 10 AM in July 2020
- Ninth Sunday of Pentecost: August 2, 2020--Mass
- Tenth Sunday of Pentecost: August 10, 2020--Mass
- Eleventh Sunday of Pentecost: August 16, 2020--Mass
- Twelfth Sunday of Pentecost: August 23, 2020--Mass
- Thirteenth Sunday of Pentecost: August 30, 2020--Mass
- Sunday Morning Masses at Immanuel Lutheran Church (LCMS) in Lima, Ohio resumed Sunday June 7, 2020 and on our plan is to continue having in-person Sunday Masses for the rest of 2020. Our pastor, Reverend Michael Phillips, will continue to download services to our YouTube channel, "Immanuel Lutheran Church - Lima, OH," for those, who are ill or who fear getting ill from the Corona Virus or anything else for that matter, to watch at home.
- Sunday Morning Bible Studies 9 AM Every Sunday in June 2020 (Cancelled until further notice sadly)
- Wednesday Night Bible Studies 6:30 PM (These should hopefully resume in the fall.)
Immanuel Lutheran Church's Response to the Corona Virus and Reopening Protocols:
- What Immanuel Lutheran Church is doing to hold in-person Masses safely:
- Hand shaking is gone again at Immanuel Lutheran Church (LCMS) in Lima, Ohio.
- Face masks and/or other facial coverings are now required for in-person Masses at Immanuel Lutheran Church (LCMS) in Lima, Ohio. If you do not own a face mask, then you can either call/text me at (567) 712-8026 or get one for free, when you attend in-person Mass.
- Our church building is being sanitized to keep worshippers safe during the Mass.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at the church for your use inside of our church building and you are encouraged to bring your own hand sanitizer or hand washing wipes.
- Restrooms will be opened for you to use, while you are worshipping at Immanuel before, during, and after the Mass.
- Some pews will not available to sit in during the Mass to promote social distancing.
- Hymnals have been deemed safe for weekly use without sanitation and they will be returning home to the hymnal racks in the pews. Worship folders and bulletins will be handed out.
- Voluntary offerings are to be placed in the plates, which shall not be passed around as usual for a while due to the Corona Virus and which shall be laying on the shelf in the back of the sanctuary.
- I am happy to report, that you are again permitted to kneel at the kneelers in front of the Altar during Holy Communion. :)
- If you are sick, then please stay home and watch the service video(s), which Reverend Phillips is posting on YouTube.
- If you attend in-person Mass at Immanuel and you find out, that you have the Corona Virus or that you were around someone, who has it, then you must call the church office immediately and let us know. Everyone must be informed according to current church and state health protocols.
Our YouTube Channel has our Sunday Masses available to watch from the comfort of your own home and there is no need to wear a face mask, if you attend Mass online.
Link to our YouTube Channel:
Thank you and Happy Pentecost!
James W. O'Flannery, President and Founder of Ohio Irish Lutheran Press (OIL Press)