Lenten Greetings and Happy Easter!
Since I decided to only have this website and shutdown ohiobookmart.com, I decided to make ads for Immanuel Lutheran Church (LCMS), where I'm an active member, as blog posts. Once you've read this blog post, please feel free to read the other blog posts and to visit the other pages.
About: Immanuel Lutheran Church (LCMS) is a conservative and Confessional Lutheran congregation in The Lutheran Church Missouri Synod (LCMS). We celebrate Holy Communion every Sunday and for most major holy days. We believe, teach, and confess, that Jesus died to save every single person from death, Hell, the grave, Satan, Satan's demons, Original Sin from Adam and Eve, and their own personal sins. We believe, teach, and confess, that there are only two Sacraments and those two Sacraments are Holy Baptism and Holy Communion. We believe, teach, and confess the Holy Trinity to be the One True God. Yahweh, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are the Holy Trinity. We believe, teach, and confess, that Jesus won our Salvation on the True Cross. We believe, teach, and confess, that Holy Baptism aka Water Baptism saves the baptized, that Yahweh adopts the baptized as His children in Holy Baptism, that the baptized are connected to Jesus' Death, Burial, and Resurrection in Holy Baptism, and the Holy Spirit lives inside of the baptized from the point of Holy Baptism onward, while He is ever present and present everywhere. We believe, teach, and confess, that Holy Communion is not merely a symbol of Jesus' Death on the True Cross, but rather Holy Communion is the literal Body and Blood of Jesus, while it remains bread and wine.
- Church Office Phone Number: (419) 222-2541
- Office e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Church Website: http://www2.wcoil.com/~immanuel/
Bible Verse(s) of the Month:
"5 And the Angel answered and said unto the women, 'Fear not ye: for I know, that ye seek Jesus, Which was crucified. 6 He is not here: for He is risen, as He said. Come, see the place, where the Lord lay."--Matthew 28:5-6 King James Version (KJV 1611)
- April Holy Days and Festivals without Masses at Immanuel Lutheran Church (LCMS) in Lima, Ohio:
- Lukas Cranach and Albrecht Duerer Day (German Artists during the Reformation) (April 6, 2022)
- Johann Bugenhagen Day (Martin Luther's Pastor) (April 20, 2022)
- Johann Walter Day (Cantor and Martin Luther's co-writer of many hymn) (April 21, 2022)
- St. Mark the Evangelist Day (Gospel Writer) (April 25, 2022)
- St. Catherine of Sienna Day (Nun and Nurse from Italy) (April 29, 2022)
- Sunday Masses 10 AM in April 2022:
- Fifth Sunday of Lent (April 3, 2022)
- Palm Sunday and Passion Sunday (April 10, 2022)
- Easter Sunday aka Resurrection Sunday (April 17, 2022)
- Second Sunday of Easter (April 24, 2022)
- Special Masses:
- Maundy Thursday Mass (April 10, 2022 at 7 PM)
- Good Friday Mass (April 14, 2021 at 7 PM)
- Sunday Morning Bible Studies 9 AM Every Sunday in April 2020 (Topic: The Large Catechism by Dr. Martin Luther)
- There will be no Sunday Morning Bible Study on Easter Sunday, but there will be Sunday Morning Bible Study all of the other Sundays in April.
- Wednesdays in the Word aka Wednesday Night Bible Study 7 PM
- Topic: Hebrews
- There will be no Wednesday Night Bible Study on Wednesdays April 13, 2022 for Holy Week Masses and April 20, 2022 for Reverend Phillips' staycation, but there will be Wednesday Night Bible Study all of the other Wednesdays in April.
Here is a link to our YouTube page (You might have to copy and paste the link into your browser.):
Thank you, Easter, and Lenten Greetings!
James W. O'Flannery, President and Founder of Ohio Irish Lutheran Press (OIL Press)